2024 National Clydesdale Sale
April 18th – 20th 2024
**For more information please visit clydesale.com **
ONLINE BIDDING DETAILS:
We are excited to “Team Up” with Horse Auctions USA for your on-line coverage of the National Clydesdale Sale! To purchase on line, you must complete the set up form–this needs to be done prior to the sale. Click this link to get signed up and ready to bid!!!
CATALOGED CONSIGNMENT ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL FEBRUARY 1, 2023 OR UNTIL APRIL 15, 2023 FOR UNCATALOGED OR UNTIL FULL.
Important Sale Information for All Sale Attendees,
- Horses will begin arriving at the Illinois State Fairgrounds on Wednesday, April 19th. Maps will be posted in the stables so buyers can locate specific horses and/or farms. There is time throughout the Sale event to visit horses at their stalls. Please feel free to ask the consignors specific questions about their horses and ask for the horses to be pulled out of the stall for closer inspection. Our event strives to be as buyer friendly as possible.
- Vendors will be at the venue all three days of the Sale. Items available will include horse related clothing, harness, barn and show supplies, wagons, and trailers just to name a few.
- Starting Thursday, April 20th, free educational seminars will be held from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM on a variety of topics relating to owning and showing the Clydesdale horse. Seminar presenters will be veteran horseman and horsewomen who have a wealth of knowledge to share.
- The tack sale will again be held on Thursday, April 20th at 12:00 PM. Items available at the sale will include new and used horse items, such as harness, barn supplies, and more.
- Thursday, April 20th evening there will be a “Meet & Greet” starting at 5:00 PM with refreshments, which is sponsored by Shipshewana Harness and Supplies. All are welcome!
- After relaxing at the Meet & Greet, plan to attend the CBUSA Annual Membership Meeting on Thursday, April 20th in the evening.
- Start your morning off by attending a CBUSA Board of Directors meeting to gain insight into the workings of the CBUSA, which will be held at 8:00 AM on Friday, April 21st.
- Friday, April 21st is all about the horses! But first, let’s take time to appreciate the consignors and new association members. for this year will be a breakfast for these folks to get the day started right. Following breakfast will be the mandatory halter preview of the horses at 10:00 AM, organized by age group. This gives buyers time to look at the horses, learn about pedigrees, and hear specific comments about the horses from the consignors.
- The fun continues at the end of the day on Friday, April 21st. After a day filled with horses we relax with a happy hour starting at 5:00 PM, followed directly by the CBUSA Annual Banquet (tickets are required). The Banquet will include a charity auction, silent auction, Hall of Fame inductions, All American presentations, crowning of the National Clydesdale Queen, and a DJ and dancing!
- Saturday, April 22nd, will get started early. Kicked off at 8:00 AM by an auction of Clydesdale collectibles, artwork and more! Followed by the NATIONAL CLYDESDALE SALE beginning at 9:00 AM!!
- Veterinarian(s) will be on site the day of the Sale.
- The CBUSA does not organize transportation for buyers who purchase horses, but Sale staff will have information on potential transportation opportunities.
- Please remember that a photo ID (drivers license, etc.) is required to register as a bidder for any auction (tack sale, collectibles, or horses). Payment options for winning bidders include a check or credit card (with a 4% users fee added).
On-Site Camping: 217-524-9894
Hotels Close To The Fairgrounds:
Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Toll Free: 866-577-7900
Crowne Plaza Springfield – Convention Center
Toll Free: 877-227-6963
Ramada by Wyndam Springfield North
Toll Free: 800-854-9517
Red Roof Inn
Toll Free: 877-843-7663
Best Western Clearlake Plaza
Toll Free: 800-780-7234
Motel 6 Springfield Airport
Toll Free: 800-899-9841
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Toll Free: 888-465-4329