National Clydesdale Sale
2021 National Clydesdale Sale
NATIONAL SALE CATALOG NOW AVAILABLE, CLICK HERE!
UNCATALOGED CONSIGNMENT ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL APRIL 15, 2021.
NEW for 2021, the National Sale will be live streamed with online bidding available thanks to
Click here to visit the LIveAuctions.tv National Clydesdale Sale page.
Important Sale Information for All Sale Attendees, New and Old
- Sale catalogs will be mailed out to association members on March 1st. If you are not a CBUSA member catalogs will be available for the cost of postage after March 1st from the CBUSA Office.
- Horses will begin arriving at the Illinois State Fairgrounds on Wednesday, April 21st. Maps will be posted in the stables so buyers can locate specific horses and/or farms. There is time throughout the Sale event to visit horses at their stalls. Please feel free to ask the consignors specific questions about their horses, and ask for the horses to be pulled out of the stall for closer inspection. Our event strives to be as buyer friendly as possible.
- Vendors will be at the venue all three days of the Sale. Items available will include horse related clothing, harness, barn and show supplies, wagons, and trailers just to name a few.
- Starting Thursday, April 22nd, free educational seminars will be held on a variety of topics relating to owning and showing the Clydesdale horse. Seminar presenters will be veteran horseman and horsewomen who have a wealth of knowledge to share.
- NEW for this year, the tack sale is moving to Thursday! Items available at the sale will include new and used horse items, such as harness, barn supplies, and more.
- Thursday evening there will be a “Meet & Greet” reception with refreshments, which is sponsored by Shipshewana Harness and Supplies. All are welcome!
- After relaxing at the Meet & Greet, plan to attend the CBUSA Annual Membership Meeting on Thursday evening.
- Friday, April 23rd is all about the horses! But first, let’s take time to appreciate the consignors and new association members. NEW for this year will be a breakfast for these folks to get the day started right. Following breakfast will be the mandatory halter preview of the horses organized by age group. This gives buyers time to look at the horses, learn about pedigrees, and hear specific comments about the horses from the consignors.
- NEW for this year on Friday, the National Clydesdale Sale Cart and Riding Challenges! This is sure to be exciting and is only open to horses that are entered in the Sale. The Challenges will be followed by driving of the Sale horses.
- The fun continues at the end of the day on Friday. After a day filled with horses we relax with a happy hour, followed directly by the CBUSA Annual Banquet (tickets are required). The Banquet will include a charity auction, silent auction, Hall of Fame inductions, All American presentations, crowning of the National Clydesdale Queen, and a DJ and dancing!
- Saturday, April 24th, will get started early. Kicked off by an auction of Clydesdale collectibles and artwork! Followed by the NATIONAL CLYDESDALE SALE beginning at 10:30 AM!!
- Once the Sale has concluded, finish out the day by attending a CBUSA Board of Directors meeting to gain insight into the workings of the CBUSA.
- Veterinarian(s) will be on site the day of the Sale.
- The CBUSA does not organize transportation for buyers who purchase horses, but Sale staff will have information on potential transportation opportunities.
- Please remember that a photo ID (drivers license, etc.) is required to register as a bidder for any auction (tack sale, collectibles, or horses). Payment options for winning bidders include a check or credit card (with a 4% users fee added).
On-Site Camping: 217-524-9894
Hotels Close To The Fairgrounds:
Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Toll Free: 866-577-7900
Crowne Plaza Springfield – Convention Center
Toll Free: 877-227-6963
Ramada by Wyndam Springfield North
Toll Free: 800-854-9517
Red Roof Inn
Toll Free: 877-843-7663
Best Western Clearlake Plaza
Toll Free: 800-780-7234
Motel 6 Springfield Airport
Toll Free: 800-899-9841
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Toll Free: 888-465-4329
Draft Horse Connection
Windy Acres Clydesdales – Eric & Amy Henry
Steven Davison Clydesdales
Autumn Leaf Clydesdales – Keith & Kim Mann
Iron Horse Farm – Linda Harmon
Sandy Acres Clydesdales
Kyle Drake, DVM
Big Horse Ranch
Crushin’ Trance Clydesdales – Paul & Kisha Snyder
Storm Ridge Farm – Sam & Angie Borck
Andrew & Sarah Stalheim
Soaring Eagle Farms – Dr. Jeff Gower
Irish Thunder Clydesdales – Pat & Tanya Connors
Cowskin Creek Clydesdales – Scott & Janet Schwindaman
HighPoint Clydesdales – Bret & Annette Fielding
Classic City Clydesdales – Mark & Shannon Martin
ParnellRanch – Jack & Michelle Parnell
Shipshewana Harness and Supplies
Rock N Hill Clydesdales